Beans beans, the magical fruit – wink! 😉 Though beans sometimes get a bad rap for possibly causing a bit of flatulence here and there, they are actually SO incredibly good for you, and when eaten regularly and in responsible amounts, the “toots” are usually quite minimal.
This mixed bean salad is perfect for providing a good dose of the health benefits that beans have to offer, and the other ingredients in there provide even more good nutrition. Additionally, um, it’s delicious!
MIXED BEAN CHOPPED SALAD
Ingredients (makes 1 salad):
- 3-4 Tbsp. cooked kidney beans
- 3-4 Tbsp. cooked garbanzo beans
- 3-4 Tbsp. cooked cannelini beans
- 1 handful spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- fresh basil, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-2 celery stalks, chopped
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 oz. crumbled goat cheese (or cheese of choice – Parmesan cheese goes well this this also)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all your veggies by cleaning and chopping them.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and toss to mix and to allow the olive oil and lemon juice to coat the salad.