Valentine’s day is just about here, and I have the perfect breakfast for the occasion! I called this Valentines day oatmeal, but the truth of the matter is that this is delicious anytime of the year…it just so happened that I had it for breakfast on Valentines day one year, it’s red, and it is CHOC-LAT-EY! Hence, I call it Valentine’s Day Oatmeal. Yum! This yumminess makes for a delicious breakfast that is filled with antioxidants, nutrients, and gobs of flavor.
On top of all that, it contains plenty of hidden veggies that actually compliment the flavor perfectly! One of those veggies is the one that gives it its beautiful red color, and that is red beets, which are filled with some pretty awesome health benefits!
Throw in the raw cacao and carrots, and you’ve already got yourself a bowl of powerhouse nutrition!
Let’s get to it!
VALENTINES DAY OATMEAL
Ingredients (Makes 2 servings):
- 1 cup almond milk, plus some more if you like a “thinner” oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium beet, peeled and shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- stevia or honey, to taste
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups frozen blueberries
- Heat almond milk over medium heat till it starts to lightly simmer.
- Add the oats, shredded carrot, and shredded beet. Cook for about 10 minutes to desired texture.
- Remove from heat. Add almond butter, cacao powder, vanilla, and stevia/honey. Stir to combine completely.
- Add blueberries, and stir in.
- Add additional almond milk if you want a thinner consistency.
Enjoy, and Happy Valentines Day (even if it’s not 😉 )!