This mushroom tofu stir fry is plant-based dinner heaven! It is absolutely delicious, nutritious, and satisfying! Not only do all the veggies in there provide all sorts of health benefits, as the name suggests, it contains tofu, which is a protein packed nutrition powerhouse in itself that provides several wonderful health benefits.
The delicious ingredients and spices in this dish blend together perfectly to create a balanced meal that is excellent for your health and makes the taste buds happy! Plus, with it being a stir-fry recipe, it is relatively easy and quick to make – win win!
MUSHROOM TOFU STIR FRY
Ingredients (makes 2-3 servings):
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp vegetable broth
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large kale leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1/3 – 1/2 small head of green cabbage, chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 10 oz bag frozen mixed mushrooms
- 6-8 ounces firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 tsp. garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Sea salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Prepare your veggies by washing and chopping them as described above. Heat olive oil and vegetable broth over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, chopped kale, and crushed garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-5 minutes until the onions are sweating.
- Add the cabbage, mushrooms, parsley, paprika, and garlic granules, and cook 10-15 minutes (until all liquid has cooked off), stirring occasionally.
- Add the crumbled tofu, and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Transfer to plates and season with salt and pepper as desired.