This vegetable bean soup is the perfect mix of flavors and ingredients to leave your taste buds happy, your tummy comfortably full, and your body and mind healthy! Not only is this packed with a plethora of veggies providing all sorts of flavors that compliment one another and nutrition galore, but it is also contains beans, which are a powerhouse in themselves when it comes to nutrition and health benefits!
Most importantly, this dish is delicious, and makes for an excellent dinner or starter, depending on serving size. As an added benefit, I made this in the pressure cooker, which means it’s quick! Let’s get to it!
HEARTY PRESSURE COOKER BEAN SOUP
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1.5 cups cooked great northern beans
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. garlic granules
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Chop and prepare all of your vegetables.
- Add all of your chopped veggies, garlic granules, basil, and vegetable broth to the bed of a pressure cooker. Choose “Steam” setting for 5 minutes.
- When the pressure cooker is done, release the steam. Add in the cooked beans and stir to combine.
4. Transfer to bowls, season with salt and pepper if desired, and serve!