Tonight, I wanted something that was healthy and easy that didn’t take a lot of effort on my part to make. I decided on making some of my cauliflower steaks with some lentils on the side. YUM! SO SO healthy, but delicious and satisfying.
I love cauliflower! There are so many different things you can do with it – cauliflower rice, cauliflower crust pizza, mashed cauliflower, baked cauliflower, steamed cauliflower, or just eat it raw with some tasty dip! There’s so many different ways to enjoy this delicious cruciferous vegetable, which is great news since it is SO good for you! Some of the health benefits of cauliflower are as follows:
- Aids in digestion
- Aids in detoxification
- Beneficial to the cardiovascular system
- Reverses blood vessel damage
- Increases blood flow
- Reduces the risk of stroke
- Provides Omega-3s
- Boosts the immune system
- Increases energy levels
- Improves cell growth and replication
- Fights cancer
Need I say more? Cauliflower is an excellent vegetable to regularly include in your diet for all of the above reasons!
So, tonight, I decided to keep it simple and make some cauliflower steaks and pair it with some lentils. The recipe is easy, and the presentation looks great!
CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH LENTILS ON THE SIDE
- 1 head of cauliflower
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- lemon juice
- parsley (chopped)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Rinse your lentils, then prepare according to package instructions.
2. While your lentils are cooking, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take your head of cauliflower and place it stem down on a cutting board. Cut two 1-inch steaks from the center of the cauliflower (cut from the top down to the bottom where the stem is). Chop the rest of the cauliflower into florets and either bake with the steaks or put them in a container and refrigerate them for another time. Rub olive oil on both sides of each steak, place the steaks on the lined baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt.
3. Place the cauliflower steaks in the oven for 15 minutes. Take out and flip the steaks over and sprinkle with a bit more garlic powder and sea salt. Then place back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
4. Take the cauliflower steaks out of the oven and sprinkle with a small amount of lemon juice. Serve with the lentils on the side, and garnish with some chopped parsley.
Simple, healthy, delicious! Enjoy!