It’s that time of year! The new year is here, and we’ve all been there, when we feel like we’ve overindulged over the holidays, meaning we may feel a bit bloated. So worth it though – nothing beats a great holiday season filled with eating, drinking, and being merry! Well, I’ve got great news! This smoothie doesn’t just taste awesome, it is also perfect for beating the bloat! All of the ingredients in this gem of nutrition have anti-bloating properties! From bananas helping to reduce bloat caused by consuming too much salt to celery, which acts as a natural diuretic.
- Bananas: help to reduce bloating caused by too much salt intake.
- Celery: acts as a natural diuretic.
- Mixed leafy greens: loaded with fiber and helps ease water retention
- Almond Milk: Adds a punch of protein helping to fill you up and keep you from overeating.
- Plain greek yogurt: filled with good bacteria that aids in digestion and moves things through more smoothly.
- Cucumbers: Hydrating and acts as a natural diuretic.
- Ginger: The creme de la creme of solving gastrointestinal duress.
Of course, another plus is that this is a smoothie, which makes it SO easy to make. It’s basically just a matter of throwing everything in a blender and pushing blend!
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 small chunk ginger
- 1/3 cup greek plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 7-8 ice cubes (optional)
1.) Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
2.) Transfer to a glass.