These sweet potato, apple, and carrot oatmeal muffins are the perfect way to start your day off right! They are absolutely delicious, and they are absolutely great for you! You would never know that these guys have two types of vegetables in them!
Along those lines, let’s take a look at some of the health benefits of the main vegetable in these yummies – SWEET POTATO!
And that only names 5 health benefits of these yummy orange guys! On top of that, these muffins contain carrots, apple, walnuts, and oats, all of which contain a whole bunch of awesome healthful properties of their own! See, I wasn’t kidding when I said these muffins are a great way to start your day!
Before getting to the recipe, a quick note that the ingredients and their amounts is what I used to make 8 mega muffins. If you are making regular sized muffins, this would probably be equal out to about 12 regular size muffins.
SWEET POTATO, CARROT, AND APPLE OATMEAL MUFFINS
Ingredients (makes 8 mega muffins or 12 regular muffins):
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree (one 15-ounce can – BPA free)
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla
- 1.5 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or just use 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg)
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 1/3 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3 tsp. aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded apple (moisture squeezed out)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (moisture squeezed out)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and line a 12-muffin muffin tin with muffin cups (or a 8-mega muffin muffin tin). In a medium mixing bowl, add the sweet potato puree, eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir, or whisk, to combine completely.
2. Once combined, add the oats, oat flour, shredded apple, shredded carrot, and walnuts. Stir to combine.
3. Fill each of the muffin cups in the tin evenly with the batter. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes, or until cooked through (a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean).
4. Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the tin, and transfer to a plate to serve. Peel off the muffin cup, and enjoy!