I am really excited to share this salad recipe with you! It tastes just like a salad you would get at a restaurant, but all of it is homemade and healthy! While making this salad, I wanted to use spring greens as a base, and then go from there, and that I did!
I recently made a really big batch of Baked Apple Chips, so I wanted to include these, and I also knew I was going for a sweet and salty kind of taste, which is my favorite when it comes to salads. Everything came together perfectly for an absolutely delicious salad that both your tummy and your tastebuds will LOVE!
FUJI APPLE SALAD
For the salad:
- 1 boneless skinless chicken cooked chicken breast – I baked mine with a bit of garlic powder and sea salt as seasoning, but you can prepare yours anyway you would like.
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup baked apple chips (Click here for recipe) – or you can use store bought dried apples
For the dressing:
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
1.) Prepare your apple chips if you are making them yourself. Otherwise, you can just use store-bought dried apples.
2.) In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
3.) Layer all your salad ingredients on a plate.
4.) Top with dressing, mix well, and serve.