Alright, guys! Once again, I am giving a shout out to sardines! I know that every time I write a post with a sardine recipe, I go on and on about how fantastic these tiny guys are, but I only do this because it’s true!!!
Some of these benefits include the following.
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps relieve depression and anxiety
- Helps control blood sugar
- Prevents blood clots
- Prevents heart disease
- Promotes healthy brain function
And that’s only 6 – there’s many many more! On top of that, this salad contains plenty of dill, which is one of my very favorite herbs with good reason – it is packed with health and medicinal properties!
Clearly, this salad is good for you, but to top all of that off, it is SO yummy! Loaded with veggies, sardines, and a healthy dill dressing, the nutrition in this thing is out of this world and the flavor is right there with it! Best part? It’s a salad, so it’s beyond simple to make!
CHOPPED VEGGIE DILL & SARDINE SALAD
Ingredients – makes one salad…feel free to use more or less of a certain ingredient – it’s up to you!
- 2 cups baby spinach, finely chopped.
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, cored and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1 tin of boneless and skinless sardines (in water), drained
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
1.) Layer your spinach, cucumber, tomato, and onion on a plate. Toss to combine.
2.) In a bowl, combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and dill. Stir to combine. Add the sardines to the bowl, and mash up with a fork. Stir to combine. Add the sardine and dill mixture to the salad.
3.) Season with sea salt and mix well.
You’ve gotta try this!!! It’s SO yummy and SO good for you! Enjoy! 🙂