Get ready to have your mind blown! These blueberry scones are SO incredibly delicious. They taste just like you are at a cute cafe for breakfast, but these guys are REALLY good for you! Not only that, these babies are gluten free, so gluten-sensitive individuals still get to enjoy!!!
The two main ingredients in this are cashews and blueberries. Both of which have excellent health benefits!
Health Benefits of Blueberries
- Reduces inflammation of brain cells
- Helps with night vision and eye health
- Pumps up your immune system
- Improves memory and fact recollection
- Lowers risk of type 2 diabetes
- Reduces the risk of heart attack
- Dilates arteries to help lower blood pressure
Health Benefits of Cashews
- High in proanthocyanidins which are excellent for cancer prevention
- Lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease and improves heart health
- Due to the tyrosinase (a copper-containing enzyme), they may help prevent graying of the hair and promote healthy skin
- Good for nervous system health due to the high content of magnesium
- May lower risk of gallstones by as much as 25%
- Excellent for skeletal and muscular system health
AWESOME! All these health benefits in something that tastes so good it will knock your socks off. This is one of those dishes that I know I would eat regularly even if it didn’t have all the awesome health benefits! Plus, it’s really easy to make, which is always a bonus when you are cooking/baking in the morning!
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY SCONES
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp. alcohol free vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse until you have a flour like consistency. Add the baking powder and arrowroot powder. Pulse a few times to combine thoroughly.
2.) In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Use a fork to stir until smooth.
3.) Add the contents of the food processor and the blueberries to the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined.
4.) Line a pie pan, or a circular pan with parchment paper. Place the batter in the pan, and use your hands to press it down evenly. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
5.) Use the parchment paper to pull the baked scones out of the pan. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
6.) Use a knife to cut into triangular pieces, and serve.
Oh my gosh…so good!
Mind. Blown. Enjoy! 🙂