So, this was my lunch today! It’s pretty simple, but it was tasty enough that I wanted to share the recipe! There’s all sorts of good stuff in here for you! Sardines, avocado, grape tomatoes, arugula, green onion, quinoa,…it kind of all comes together to provide a healthy punch of protein, carbs, healthy fats, and gobs and gobs of nutrients!
If you follow my blog at all, you know how much of a fan I am of sardines. These puppies are packed full of all kinds of goodness, and I can’t say enough good things about them!
Health Benefits of Sardines
- Sustainable and least contaminated with mercury and other toxic metals
- Helps control blood sugar levels
- Defends against mood disorders
- Great for healthy bones
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- One of the few food sources with naturally occurring vitamin D
- Controls Inflammation
- Reduces the risk of inflammatory diseases
So, of course, anytime I find a yummy recipe including them, I HAVE to share! Hence, this recipe! Simple, delicious, and oh so nutritious – you will love this!!!
SARDINE AVOCADO QUINOA WRAP
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
- 1 large homemade quinoa tortilla (recipe here)
- 1 can sardines
- 1/3 avocado
- 5-7 grape tomatoes, chopped up
- 1 green onion, chopped
- handful of arugula, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp. lemon juice
- sea salt, to taste
1.) Prepare your quinoa tortilla (you can also use store bought if you would like). Set aside.
2.) In a bowl, mash your avocado. Add in the sardines, and mash up to combine. Add the tomato, green onion, arugula, lemon juice, and sea salt, and stir to combine.
3.) Place the filling on the prepared tortilla.
4.) Wrap the tortilla around the filling.
Yum! Enjoy! 🙂