Guys!!! I finally bit the bullet and got an ice cream maker, and seriously, it is the best thing ever! I have a few recipes for ice cream that don’t require an ice cream maker, such as my easy and healthy homemade strawberry banana ice cream or healthy Greek yogurt peach sherbet, and they’re great! But I am so excited to be able to get even more creative with my ice cream recipes now!
This vanilla cinnamon ice cream is absolutely delicious! Best part is that it’s good for you due to the ingredients all having some great health benefits! It’s made with only 4 ingredients; coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and raw honey, and check out the health benefits of these guys!
Health Benefits of Cinnamon
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal
- Reduces LDL cholesterol levels
- Reduces pain linked to arthritis
- May reduce the proliferation of cancer cells
- Strongly anti-inflammatory
- Holds promise for neurodegenrative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Multiple Sclerosis
Health Benefits of Coconut Milk
- Builds strong bones
- Helps fight infection
- Good for arthritis patients
- Good for calming the nerves
Health Benefits of Raw Honey
- Helps to stabilize blood pressure
- Helps eliminate allergies
- Promotes digestive health
- Antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral
- Calms nerves
- Helps relieve pain
What?!? So eating this ice cream provides all of these awesome health benefits?!? Yup!
Not only is it good for you, but it is DELISH! Super creamy and sweet! It also makes for a great base ice cream that you can turn into other types of ice cream by adding things like pumpkin, nuts or seeds, chcocolate chips, etc. Full disclosure, I made a “normal” batch with the recipe below, and then I also made another batch of boozy ice cream, in which I added some Black Walnut Creme Liquor…holy crap, it was ridiculous how yummy it was. My husband and I scarfed it down pretty quickly, and I plan to make some more for this weekend when we are having some friends over for dinner!
Like I said, I used an ice cream maker for this recipe, which makes things super simple. You could also mix all the ingredients together, and then put it in the freezer to freeze it, but you won’t get the nice ice cream texture you would get from an ice cream maker.
DAIRY-FREE VANILLA CINNAMON ICE CREAM
- 2 14-oz. cans of full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla – you will want to use the kind with the alcohol in it to keep it from freezing to hard in the freezer.
1.) In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, and stir until completely smooth, and there are no lumps of honey or coconut milk (coconut milk hardens when it is cold, so you don’t want there to be clumps in there).
2.) Use an ice cream maker according to its instructions to work its magic and turn the mixture into delicious ice cream!
3.) Transfer to bowls to serve, or transfer to a freezer safe container, and place in the freezer until you are ready to indulge (it will keep for a week or two in the freezer).
Gah!!! SO good! Healthy ice cream!!! 🙂