I’m never one to be concerned with flushing fat from the body or focusing on weight (let me get on my soapbox real quick…WEIGHT IS NOT A RELIABLE INDICATOR OF HEALTH, PEOPLE, AND THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FITNESS AND WELLNESS…okay, stepping off). At any rate, one thing I am ALWAYS concerned with is cleansing the body and keeping toxins at bay, which this delicious soup is fantastic for.
Due to the amazingly healthy ingredients in this soup, it is packed with antioxidants and fiber (hence the incredibly unoriginal name I used for it) and it has some pretty awesome health benefits!
- helps promote healthy intestine function
- packed with antioxidants
- packed with fiber
- cancer fighting
- boosts immunity
- lowers cholesterol
- reduces inflammation
- helps control blood pressure
- good for the eyes, urinary tract, prostate, heart, nervous system, and brain function…phew!
and on and on it goes! I call this soup a power soup for a reason! The best part is that it tastes amazing and because of the high level of fiber, it’s quite filling! Oh wait, maybe that’s not the best part…I forgot to mention that this is a slow cooker recipe, so it’s ridiculously EASY!!!
ANTIOXIDANT AND FIBER PACKED POWER SOUP
- 1 large zucchini chopped into large pieces
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 large stalks of celery chopped
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-15oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups baby spinach
1.) Chop all your veggies
2.) Put all the ingredients except the spinach into the slow cooker.
3.) Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4.) Add the spinach, and cook for about 5 more minutes until the spinach is wilted.
5.) Ladel into soup bowls, season with sea salt (to taste) and serve!