I don’t know about you, but I LOVE a dinner recipe that is super easy to make. Kind of like this awesome skillet recipe that I made the other night! I was almost hesitant to even post this, because it is SO simple, but then I tasted it…WOW! This stuff is delicious, filling, ridiculously good for you, and best of all EASY to make!
The main ingredients are ground turkey, peas, and green beans. I love peas and green beans. They are so easy to prepare, and they lend themselves to so many different recipes! Plus, even though they are teensy tiny vegetables, they are LOADED with health benefits and nutrition!
Health Benefits of Peas
- Prevents cancers of the stomach
- Great for the immune system
- Contains anti-aging properties
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Good for brain health and preventing Alzheimer’s
- Great for healthy digestion
- Good for eye sight
Health Benefits of Green Beans
- Filled with Anti-oxidants which help to protect cells from free radical damage
- Rich in fiber
- Excellent for digestive health
- Boosts immunity
- Good source of Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and folate
- Great for cardiovascular health
- Anti-aging properties
- Good for expectant mothers
Awesome! So, we see that with these being two of the main ingredients in this dish, it is definitely not lacking in some great health benefits! Oh, and did I mention how easy this dish is to make? 🙂
GROUND TURKEY, PEAS, AND GREEN BEANS SKILLET
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green beans
- 2 romano tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1.) Prepare your frozen peas and green beans as directed on the package. Set aside.
2.) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the ground turkey and cook until almost cooked through. Add the chopped tomatoes, garlic granules, sea salt, and apple cider vinegar. Allow to simmer until the turkey is cooked through and the tomatoes are cooked down.
3.) Add the peas and green beans to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes.
4.) Transfer to plates to serve.
SO easy, and so delicious! Makes for a perfect dinner! Enjoy! 🙂