Who doesn’t love avocado and cilantro together. They may be the perfect combination! As an added bonus, they are both so good for you! Cilantro is one of nature’s best antioxidant foods! Some of it’s health benefits include:
- Rich in phytonutrients and flavonoids
- Contains dodecenal, an antibacterial compound which helps protect against and fight salmonella .
- Aids in digestion and in producing digestive enzymes.
- Contains borneol, which is capable of fighting viruses and germs that cause colds.
- Helps control blood sugar
- Helps lower cholesterol
All of these are incredibly beneficial to all of us; however, the thing that cilantro is best known for is it’s ability to chelate (remove) heavy metals like mercury, aluminum, and lead from the body, making it an excellent natural chelation treatment. When you combine cilantro with chlorella and garlic, it becomes even more powerful at detoxing these metals and toxins from your body. It’s amazing what the right foods can do for us!
AVOCADO CILANTRO RICE
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 2/3 cups organic brown rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
2.) Prepare the peas as directed on the package.
3.) While the rice is cooking, in a large bowl, mash the avocados up. Add the lime juice, cilantro, sea salt, and peas when they are done cooking.
4.) When the rice is done cooking, add it to the avocado mixture. Serve immediately.