This casserole is gluten free and SUPER good for you! Since I used cauliflower rice as opposed to regular rice in this, it is veggie-ful, and it is grain-free! Furthermore, thanks to the cauliflower and broccoli in there, this thing gets all of the health benefits that go along with these two cruciferous veggies!
Health Benefits of Broccoli
- Packed with vitamins, minerals, and bioactive compounds
- Strong anti-inflammatory properties
- May protect against certain types of cancer
- Good for helping with blood clotting disorders
- Excellent for the digestive system and bowel health
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves vision and ocular health
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- High in fiber making it great for digestion and keeping one regular
- Great source of antioxidants
- Helps to reduce cancer risk
- Aids in detoxifying the body
- Helps with iron absorption
- Boosts eye health
- Helps maintain hormonal balance
- Excellent for the immune system
These are just two of the ingredients in this dish, and all the others provide awesome health benefits of their own. Oh, and most importanltly, guys, this is SO yummy and filling – you will love it! Let’s get to the recipe!
CAULIFLOWER RICE BROCCOLI AND CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- 1.5 lbs of boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil, divided
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- 2 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded goats milk mozzarella cheese, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a 9 x 13 baking dish, cut the chicken breast in half, horizontally, coat with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and season with 1/2 tsp. of sea salt (and pepper, if desired – I’m not a fan of pepper, but it would probably lend itself well to this dish). Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then take out to cool for 10 minutes.
2. While the chicken is cooking and cooling, wash the cauliflower and cut into florets. Add the florets to a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower has a rice like consistency. Place the cauliflower rice in a large mixing bowl.
3. Wash the broccoli and chop into very small florets. Add the florets to the mixing bowl, stir to combine. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and 2 cups of shredded cheese to the bowl. Stir to combine.
4. Once the chicken has cooled a bit, leave it in the 9 x 13 casserole dish, and cut into bite size pieces. Add the mixture in the mixing bowl to the casserole dish and stir to combine.
5. Top with the remaining cup of cheese. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes at 400 degrees.
6. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Use a spatula to transfer servings to a plate.
BOOM! So yummy and so good for you! You’ve got to give this stuff a try! Enjoy! 🙂