- gluten free…check
- filled with nutrition…check
- delicious…check, check, check
The other day, I was craving both roasted vegetables and soup, so I decided to combine the two. This stuff is GREAT! The taste of roasted veggies in a yummy creamy soup! I settled on using brussels sprouts and cauliflower (because it is what I had in the fridge), and these two veggies are packed with nutrition.
Health Benefits of Brussels Sprouts
- Fights Inflammation
- May help prevent ovarian, lung, breast, bladder, colon, and prostrate cancer
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Prevents constipation
- Supports immune function
- Great source of folic acid
- Helps to detoxify the body
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- Rich in Vitamin C and Fiber
- Reduces the risk of stroke
- Improves heart health
- Strengthens the immune system
- Natural detoxifier
- Filled with anti-oxidants
- Helps to prevent cancer
I just love going over the health benefits of various ingredients in the recipes I make. It makes me feel so good about putting it in my body! Let’s get to the recipe!
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, washed and halved
- 1.5 tsp. organic butter
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth – I use chicken bone broth for this recipe
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
1.) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the prepared brussels sprouts and cauliflower on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast on the bottom shelf of the oven for 25 minutes.
2.) In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low/medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the broth and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside 1 cup of the roasted veggies, and add the rest to the pot. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
3.) Transfer the soup to a food processor (you may have to do this in batches). Add the salt, then process on high until the soup is smooth.
4.) Transfer the soup to bowls and top with the veggies you set aside before serving.
Easy peasy, and super yummy! Enjoy! 🙂