Cabbage, tomato, and almond. Yeah, I know it sounds like an odd combination, but somehow in this salad, it works beautifully! Organic green cabbage was on sale the other day, and with it being so ridiculously good for you, I stocked up a bit.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GREEN CABBAGE
- Rich in vitamin C, sulphur, iodine, fiber, glucosinolates, and indole-3 carbonal
- Aids in detoxification, and has antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties
- Boosts the immune system and reduces free radical damage
- Can help with ulcers due to its vitamin U content
- Improves blood flow and benefits the nervous system
- Strongly anti-inflammatory and may help prevent certain cancers, such as colon cancer
- Good for the endocrine system
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Good for the digestive system and can help relieve constipation
- Boosts energy
After buying the cabbage came the fun part! I had to come up with ways to use it! I threw this salad together for lunch the other day, and it is fantastic! It’s very simple, full of nutrients, and phenomenally tasty! Your body will be smiling from ear to ear if you feed it this!
CABBAGE TOMATO SALAD WITH ALMOND DRESSING
For the Salad:
- 2 cups finely chopped green cabbage
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
For the Dressing:
1.) Place the salad ingredients on a plate and mix together.
2.) Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl till completely combined.
3.) Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat.
DELICIOUS! Enjoy! 🙂