Okay, I know that the idea of peas in a smoothie may seem a bit odd, but I was going to make my normal cauliflower smoothie, and I decided why not? It turns out that peas lend themselves well to a banana berry smoothie, believe it or not!
What’s great about that is that peas are excellent for you as some of the following health benefits of peas will prove.
- Helps to prevent stomach cancers
- Great for the immune system
- Helps to prevent osteoporosis and arthritis
- Good for brain health and may help to prevent Alzheimer’s
- Great for expectant mothers due to its high content of folic acid
- Helps to improve digestion
- Great for eyesight and preventing eye related diseases such as cataracts
With all those health benefits, it’s easy to see why I am thrilled that these guys taste great in smoothies (at least in this particular smoothie anyway)! Because of all the health benefits of peas and all the health benefits of the banana and berries in this smoothie, this makes for a super healthy treat any time of the day!
SWEET PEA SMOOTHIE
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 cup frozen peas, rinsed
- 1.5 ripe bananas
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, rinsed
- 2 cups almond milk
- pinch of stevia (optional)
1.) Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2.) Transfer to cups to serve.
Yum! Enjoy! 🙂