Okay, I get excited for just about any gluten free muffin recipe, but the fact that this recipe has some veggies in it as well has me beside myself! These are SO good for you, and they are DELICIOUS! They’ve got a perfect light and fluffy texture, and they have the perfect taste! YUM!
Like I said, these guys have the added benefit that there are veggies in there – namely, carrots and zucchini! Some awesome health benefits of carrots and zucchini are as follows:
- Improves vision and is great for eye health
- May help prevent some forms of cancer
- Combats cardiovascular disease and helps to prevent stroke
- Good for oral health
- Helps to protect the liver
- Regulates blood sugar
- Contains anti-aging properties and is good for skin health
- Helps to lower cholesterol
- Helps to prevent gout
- Good for cardiovascular health and helps to lower blood pressure
- Beneficial for individuals with diabetes
- Helps to maintain eye health and can help to reduce puffy eyes
- Promotes hair growth
- Good for prostrate health
You will think these muffins are too good to be true considering the fact that they have all these health benefits and they taste like a treat!
Usually when I make these, I top them with my Almond Cheesecake Muffin Frosting (link here), because it goes perfectly with this, but it’s entirely optional as these are delicious as they are too.
GLUTEN FREE CARROT ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
Ingredients: (makes 12 muffins)
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tsp. baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2/3 cup honey
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp. alcohol free vanilla
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or spray it with olive oil.
2.) In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. In another large bowl, combine the wet ingredients (eggs, honey, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar) and then add the shredded carrots and zucchini to the wet mixture.
3.) Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
4.) Fill your muffin tin with the batter (just under full for each cup in the tin). Place the muffins in the oven and bake for 25-28 minutes.
5.) When the muffins are done, remove from the muffin tin, and allow to cool. Place a dollop of frosting on each muffin, if you are using the frosting. Otherwise, go ahead and dig in!
Yum, Yum, Yum! You are going to love these! Enjoy! 🙂