This dish is super simple to make, but it really packs a punch when it comes to both flavor and satiation! With cauliflower being it’s main ingredient, it is packed full of nutrients and health benefits!
- Cauliflower anti-inflammatory properties help to prevent blood vessel diameter reduction. In turn, it helps prevent stroke and high blood pressure, and makes it great for hearth health.
- Cauliflower contains gobs of fiber as well as various compounds that both help to regulate gut bacterial growth, making it excellent for digestive health.
- Cauliflower is rich in choline which helps to improve memory and cognition. It also helps to stave off diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia. In other words, it’s great for brain health.
- Thanks to the plethora of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in cauliflower, they act as somewhat of a food source of a multivitamin. It is rich in omega-3, fatty acids, vitamins C, B, and K and many more!
- The glucosinolates in cauliflower have strong detoxification properties. This nutrient is excellent for liver health for this reason.
- The antioxidants and phytonutrients, such as beta-carotene, koempferol, quercetin, rutin, and cinnamic acid all help to defend against free radicals and reactive oxygen species that can wreak havoc on the body.
Look at all that healthiness! This is definitely a breakfast that let’s you know you are starting your day off right. I topped the cauliflower hash with two poached eggs – my recipe for perfectly poached eggs can be found here. By adding that bit of protein, it becomes a complete breakfast that your body will thank you for!
BREAKFAST CAULIFLOWER HASH WITH POACHED EGGS
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1/2 – 2/3 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets and thinly sliced.
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic granules
- 2-4 poached eggs (recipe here)
- Sea salt, for seasoning
1.) Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
2.) In the same pan, sauté the onions and garlic until tender (about 4-5 minutes).
3.) Add the cauliflower back to the pan, along with the thyme and garlic granules. Mix completely, and cook for an additional minute.
4.) Transfer to a plate, and top with your poached eggs. Season with sea salt, if desired.
Seriously, DELISH! Enjoy! 🙂