Delicious Brussels Sprouts – wait, Delicious? Brussels Sprouts? What? Those aren’t usually two things that you would associate with each other, BUT if you prepare your brussels sprouts like I’m about to show you, you will wonder how you could have lived your life without these in it! Well, maybe not that dramatic, but you will LOVE this tasty side dish! It’s seriously SO yum-a-licious!
I could seriously eat these things all day long, which is great, because it’s no secret that brussels sprouts are fantastic for you! Some of their health benefits include the following.
- Lowers Cholesterol – the high fiber content of brussels sprouts aids in lowering cholesterol
- High in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Folate – this fact makes brussels sprouts great for boosting the immune system, preventing cataracts, and great for heart health.
- High in antioxidants – protect against oxidative stress on cells
- Great for digestions – protects our stomach lining by obstructing the overgrowth of Helicobacter pylori
- Cancer prevention – fights against and even prevents various cancers, including bladder, breast, colon, lung, prostate, and ovarian cancer.
- Anti-inflammatory – helps to regulate our body’s inflammatory responses.
- Cardiovascular health – prevents and even possibly help reverse blood vessel damage.
- High in Vitamin K – This vitamin is essential for healthy brain and nervous system health.
All this healthiness in this tiny little bite size vegetable – no wonder why health experts are always telling us to eat our brussels sprouts! This recipe makes for a great side dish, or if you have a very large serving, it can also serve as a lunch. Either way, you won’t be disappointed by adding it to your menu!
DELICIOUS BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Ingredients: 2 servings
- 1-2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- sea salt, to taste
1.) Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for about 3 minutes browning all over by stirring and shaking pan often.
2.) Remove brussels sprouts from pan, and reduce the heat to low/medium. Using the same pan, add 1/2 Tbsp. Olive oil. Add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3.) Add the brussels sprouts back to the pan. Add the garlic powder, sea salt, and chicken broth. Cover with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes until the brussels sprouts are tender.
4.) Transfer to a plate, and let cool for about 2-5 minutes, then serve.
Yes, DELICIOUS brussels sprouts!!! Enjoy! 🙂