These are the yummiest healthy pancakes I have made to date! They turn out pretty fluffy too! I baked some sweet potatoes the other day, and I had one left over, so I decided to make some pancakes with it! Sweet potatoes are SO good for you. Check out the nutrition and health benefits they have to offer!
- They contain massive amounts of beta-carotene – an important antioxidant and precursor to vitamin A.
- They contain 2 times as much fiber as regular potatoes, making them superior in terms of digestive health.
- They are rich in vitamin C and E, which act as antioxidants in the body and are great for cardiovascular and immune health.
- Their high content of manganese is great for aiding in controlling blood glucose levels and satiety.
- They are a rich source of B6 and potassium which are important for heart health and electrolyte balance.
We see that not only are these pancakes great for you, but they are also DELICIOUS! Every ingredient in these is good for you, so you can feel great about putting these into your body – oh, and did I mention they are gluten free? Okay, enough selling – once you try them, they will sell themselves. Here is the recipe!
SWEET POTATO PANCAKES
Ingredients: Makes 2 pancakes
- 1/2 cup baked sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. alcohol free vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup frozen blueberries – optional
- coconut oil for cooking
1.) In a medium bowl, mash your sweet potato with a fork.
2.) Add your eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut flour, vanilla, and baking soda.
3.) Mix well using a hand mixer. If you want to add the blueberries into the batter, stir them in now.
4.) Melt about 1 tsp. of coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour 1/2 of the pancake batter into the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on one side until the pancake starts bubbling lightly.
5.) Use a spatula to gently flip the pancake over and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes until the pancake is cooked through.
6.) Transfer to a plate and repeat these steps to cook another pancake with the rest of the batter, then transfer that pancake to the plate as well.
7.) Top with whatever you would like. I topped mine with fresh blueberries, and it was great, but these are great on their own as well!