OH MY GOSH! These Fajitas are so ridiculously good, that I can barely stand it! I made these for dinner tonight and paired them with my Quinoa Tortillas, and we gobbled them up quicker than you can say fajita because they are so yummy! My secret to this yumminess is cumin, cumin, cumin!
Cumin is a fabulous spice, and probably one of my favorites, not only because of its flavor, but also because it is super powerful health benefits!
- It can increase cognitive performance.
- It can help to detoxify the body.
- It may help to reduce feelings associated with stress and anxiety.
- It helps to prevent certain cancers, such as colon cancer.
- It is great for boosting the immune system.
- It aids in healthy digestion.
- It can help to prevent type 2 diabetes.
- It is strongly anti-inflammatory – especially when you mix it with a bit of black pepper.
- It has antiviral and antibacterial properties.
It’s easy to see why cumin is one of my favorite spices! It adds such a great flavor to dishes, and it gives the illusion of eating something spicy, but it’s not irritatingly hot like a lot of other “spicy” spices. Plus, with all of those health benefits as listed above, I love using it in my recipes whenever I can. These fajitas were no exception! They are DELICIOUS, and between the healthy spices, vegetables, and organic chicken – they are full of nutrition!
OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN FAJITAS
- 2 bell peppers (color of your choice – I used 1 yellow and 1 green), cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into strips
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb. organic chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. water
1.) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your vegetables and chicken by cutting into strips and dicing the tomatoes.
2.) Grease a 9 by 13 baking dish with olive oil. Place the chicken strips in the baking dish.
3.) In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, water, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
4.) Drizzle the mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
5.) Add the vegetables to the chicken, and stir to combine.
6.) Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
7.) Serve with homemade quinoa tortillas, (as pictured below and linked here) or just eat it by itself!