Dinner tonight was AH-MAZING! Just look at that picture – it tastes just as good as it looks! Not only that, but it looks like it takes a lot of time, when in reality, it’s SUPER easy to throw together!
There’s no questioning the fact that this dish is amazingly delicious, and what’s more is that it’s really good for you! The kale in there is packed full of nutrients, and though raw kale can be hard on the thyroid, when you cook kale you reduce/eliminate the goitrogens in there that can cause that harm…hence, I ALWAYS cook kale when I eat it. It would be a shame not to be able to eat Kale as it has so many great healthy benefits!
- It is strongly anti-inflammatory thanks to it naturally promoting pro-inflammatory omega-6 and anti-inflammatory omega-3 balance.
- Kale contains glucosinolates and sulfur, both of which help to expel toxins from the body and facilitate detoxification overall.
- It is high in both vitamin C and beta-carotene, which are 2 of the 3 most important antioxidants that counteract damage caused by free radicals.
- There is a lot of folate in kale making it good for moms-to-be as it helps with preventing birth defects and promotes healthy brain development in infants.
- Due to kale’s antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties, it is excellent for cardiovascular health and balancing cholesterol levels.
- Another benefit of glucosinolates in kale is that when chewed and digested, they are broken down into biologically active compounds that have cancer fighting and preventative properties.
Just look at all those goodies in there! The best part though is that it tastes SO good, and anytime that I can make healthy taste good, I’m on board! Side it with steamed veggies for even more nutrition! I sided mine with steamed broccoli and carrots, and they went perfectly! Let’s get to the recipe!
CHEESY KALE AND SHALLOT STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
Ingredients (Makes 1 stuffed chicken breast)
- 1 large boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-2 handfuls of baby kale, chopped
- 1-2 slices of cheese of your choice – I used a goat’s milk gouda, and it was AWESOME!
- garlic granules for seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, plus some for greasing
- Sea salt, optional, for seasoning
1.) Preheat the oven to 380 degrees, and grease a baking dish with coconut oil. In a frying pan, heat 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook until they become fragrant and begin to sweat (about 3 – 5 minutes). Add the kale, and cook until wilted completely (about 1-2 additional minutes).
2.) Cut your chicken breast length-wise so that you can fold the top over the bottom. Don’t cut it all the way through…just slice it so that you can unfold it. Place the unfolded chicken breast in your prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic granules. Place the kale mixture on the bottom half of the chicken breast, then top it with your cheese slices. Fold the top of the chicken breast back over the kale mixture and cheese.
3.) Place in the oven, and bake for about 45 minutes at 380 degrees until the chicken is cooked through. When it is done, remove from the oven, and use a spatula to transfer it to a plate. Season with sea salt if desired.
4.) Side with some cooked veggies of your choice, and enjoy! 🙂
Healthy never tasted so good! Enjoy! 🙂