As the name implies, this dressing is SO simple! However, it goes well with so many different types of salad, so I figured it was worth sharing. On top of that, the lemon and basil that this contains both hold plenty of healthful benefits that this delicious dressing can provide!
- Packed with vitamin C with antioxidant properties that can help to reduce inflammation
- Good for healthy blood pressure
- Strong detoxification properties
- Rich in polyphenols, or naturally-occurring compounds that contain antioxidants, which can help maintain healthy levels of blood sugar, leptin, and insulin
- Contain a high amount of citrate, which has been proven to naturally prevent the formation of kidney stones
- Contains high levels of antioxidants that help to reduce oxidative stress and damage in the body.
- Rich in flavonoids, which help to dial back the impacts of harmful viruses or chemicals that might have reached the body.
- Contains eugenol, which is a substance compound containing calming properties that can keep the digestive system and gut health in good condition .
- Can help to reduce the course of sugar discharge in the blood making it a good herb for individuals with diabetes.
- Contains adaptogen, which is an enemy of stress substances. This means that consuming basil regularly can help to give one an overall feeling of calm and wellness.
- Helps to detoxify the liver and reduce fat that may have accumulated in the liver.
- It is strongly antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal, so it can help to reduce infection in the body.
Bet this “simple” dressing doesn’t seem so simple anymore, huh?! On top of all those great health benefits, it really tastes great and is ridiculously easy to throw together, so it’s a win all around.
SIMPLE BASIL LEMON DRESSING
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 4-5 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
1.) In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing together. Then pour over the dish of your choice.
That’s it! See? Easy Peasy, and oh so delicious! Enjoy! 😁