Ooey gooey chocolaty goodness in a healthy brownie! That’s right, a HEALTHY brownie! Wow are these things AMAZING!!! The two main ingredients in these brownies are raw cacao and tahini, and both of these have loads of health benefits!
- One of the number one food sources of antioxidants
- One of the most nutritionally complex food on the planet
- Helps to regulate blood sugar
- Improves mood and creates an overall sense of well-being
- Great for heart and cardiovascular system protection
- Helps to detoxify the liver
- Contains good amounts of chromium, phenethylamine, coumarin, magnesium, and anandamide
- Rich in many minerals, such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium, and iron
- Good source of methionine, which aids in detoxifying the liver
- Excellent source of calcium
- High in vitamins E, B1, B2, B3, B5, and B15
- Promotes healthy cell growth
- Higher protein source than most nuts
- Has a high alkaline mineral content making it easy for the body to digest and utilize
- Excellent source of healthy fats (unsaturated fat)
On top of these health benefits from the raw cacao and tahini, these brownies are sweetened with raw honey, so we also get all the benefits of that little power sweetener (not to be confused with regular honey…it’s gotta be the raw stuff)!
- Stabilizes blood pressure
- Helps to reduce allergies
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Good for digestive health
- Strengthens the immune system
- Antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal
- Calms nerves and provides healthy energy to the body
See?!? HEALTHY BROWNIES!!! Another bonus? Gluten free and dairy free – yup, so if you have those sensitivities – these are still okay!
Now, about the taste…guys, I can’t even take how good these things are! I’ve never been a huge brownie person…I mean I like them (who doesn’t), but they’ve never been my go to when I’m craving something sweet…that is until now. OH MY GOSH, these things are delicious! I could seriously eat the whole pan…maybe I did…you’ll never know! 😉
Depending on if you like them a little more solid and chewy or a little more gooey and ooey, you can adjust the baking time accordingly! I like mine a little chewier, so I opted for a bit longer in the oven, but less time would definitely result in a softer and gooier brownie….nice thing is that there’s no eggs in there, so you can make them as gooey as you want! Heck, you can even just make the batter and dig in as is (I made sure to lick the bowl and spoon clean…SO good!). The sea salt is the PERFECT compliment to these things you get a sweet and salty punch of chocolate with every bite…seriously can’t tout these things enough!
DARK CHOCOLATE SEA SALT AND TAHINI BROWNIES
Ingredients: makes 6-12 brownies, depending on how large you like your brownies
- 1 1/3 Tbsp. Ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 2/3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder (make sure it is aluminum free)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 tsp. sea salt, plus more for sprinkling on top
1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8 x 11 baking pan with parchment paper. Place your flaxseed and almond milk in a bowl, and whisk together. Set aside.
2.) Place the oats in a food processor, and process on high until they have a flour like consistency. In a medium bowl, sift together the oats, cacao, sea salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine thoroughly. Set aside.
3.) In a small sauce pan, melt the coconut oil, honey, and tahini together. Once combined, slowly pour in the almond milk and flax mixture. Stir to combine completely.
4.) Pour the contents of the sauce pan into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir to combine completely.
5.) Use a spoon to spread the brownie mixture into the prepared pan so that it reaches the edges and is even on top. Sprinkle the top with sea salt. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes. Keep an eye on it to determine when it has reached your desired consistency.
6.) Remove from the oven, and let cool completely in the pan. Cut into squares, and dig in!
Um, yum. So. Freaking. Good. Enjoy! 🙂