If you’re looking for an incredibly healthy dinner that is stuffed with amazing flavors, this is it! This dish contains plenty of vegetables, and the chicken provides a healthy punch of protein. Some of the ingredients, along with their health benefits, that are in this dish are as follows:
- Sharpens memory
- Good for combating viral infections, such as colds, flu, and the herpes virus
- Holds antibacterial properties
- Good for helping to clear the bronchial tubes of phlegm
- Has a calming effect that helps combat stress and anxiety
- Powerhouse of quercentin
- Helps prevent allergies
- Has antihistamine properties
- Excellent for the immune system
- Helps to prevent cardiovascular disease
- Helps to relieve joint stiffness and pain in arthritis sufferers
- Lowers risk of cancer
- Lowers cholesterol
- Good for prostrate health
- Good for pancreatic health
- Great for digestion
- Eases stress
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Good for cancer prevention
- Heart healthy
- Great for colon health
- Promotes strong bones and teeth
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Helps prevent Gout
- Lowers blood pressure
- Good for cardiovascular health
- Helps maintain good eye health
- Promotes hair growth
- Aids in collagen formation
As you can see, this dish is really REALLY good for you since it is crammed full of nutrition!
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE PAN DINNER
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, plus some for seasoning the chicken
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ c fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chicken broth
- sea salt
1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle the chicken with sea salt and garlic powder. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or skillet. Add the chicken and cook the chicken for 7 minutes on each side till slightly browned.
2.) While the chicken is cooking, chop all your vegetables.
3.) Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of an oven safe baking dish. Take chicken out of pan (leave juices and olive oil in pan and set aside), and place in the baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees in oven for 30-35 minutes till cooked through.
4.) Place the same pan you cooked your chicken back on the stove over medium heat. Add the chicken broth and vinegar to the pan. Heat for 2 minutes.
5.) Add the onions and cook for 5-6 minutes.
6.) Add the zucchini, squash, oregano, and garlic powder. Cover the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes until the zucchini and squash are crisp tender.
7.) Add the tomatoes, and cook for 1-2 minutes until the tomatoes are warmed through.
8.) Add the chicken back to the pan and cook till completely warm (about 1-3 more minutes)
9.) Season with sea salt and top with your chopped basil.
10.) Transfer to plates and serve.
Super healthy, yummy, and easy! Enjoy! 🙂