You can see how delicious this stuffed baked sweet potato is just by looking at the pic I snapped of it, but even that doesn’t do it justice! This thing is so good! I love sweet potatoes! They are packed full of health benefits:
- They are rich in antioxidants.
- They help stabilize blood glucose levels.
- They are beneficial to heart health.
- They can assist in electrolyte balance.
- They are great for the immune system.
- They are excellent for digestive health.
- They are rich in fiber.
- They are anti-inflammatory.
- They help prevent rheumatoid arthritis.
- They are helpful in detoxifying heavy metals, which are unavoidable in today’s environment.
- They can help calm a nervous stomach.
- They contain antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- They can help in maintaining collagen.
Phew! The list is long, and realistically – there’s more! With all that nutrition, you can see why sweet potatoes should definitely be a part of your diet! Although there are many different ways to enjoy sweet potatoes, my absolute favorite way is BAKED! By stuffing it full of yumminess, like I do in this recipe, I almost can’t handle how amazing it is!
STUFFED BAKED SWEET POTATO
- Sweet Potatoes
- Kale, chopped
- Red onion, chopped
- Canned black beans (make sure your can is bpa free)
- Olive oil
- Green Goddess Dressing (Recipe for this here)
1.) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Poke holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork, then place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
2.) In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over low/medium heat. Add the onion, and heat till translucent.
3.) Add the Kale to the frying pan, and cook till at desired consistency. About 10-15 minutes.
4.) Drain and rinse your black beans, then add them to the frying pan. Cook till warm.
5.) Cut your potato in half, then fill with the Kale mixture. Top with the green goddess dressing.
SO GOOD! Enjoy! 🙂