Tonight, I was craving something sweet and comforting that wouldn’t derail my day and leave me feeling jittery or weighed down. I threw together this pumpkin bread, and it was absolutely delicious. On top of that, it made me feel good eating it knowing that it contains healthy ingredients with plenty of nutrients to nourish my body rather than deplete it! Added bonus: It’s SO easy to make! Enjoy!
Healthy, Easy, and Delicious Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp. baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and lightly spray a bread tin with olive oil or coconut oil. Line the pan with parchment paper with the ends hanging over the side so you can use it to pull the bread out of the pan easily.
- In a large bowl, sift together the oat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cloves, baking powder, and sea salt.
- To the dry ingredients, add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, eggs, and coconut oil. Stir to mix completely, making sure there are no lumps and the batter is completely smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan, and smooth the top of the batter.
- Bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees until the top of the bread forms a crack on top, as shown below:
6. Run a knife along the sides of the bread that are in contact with the pan, and then use the parchment paper to pull the bread out of the pan.
7. Allow the bread to cool completely, then cut into slices and serve. Enjoy!