This has become a fast favorite around here…all sorts of healthy veggies in there with tons of Mexican spices and flavor! On top of that, the bone broth provides a healthy kick of collagen protein for healthy skin, hair, bones, and all that good stuff! Super easy and incredibly delicious! Enjoy! 🙂
Pressure Cooker Chicken Mexican Soup
Ingredients (Serves 2 people):
- 1/4 a head of green cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic granules
- 2 cups beef/chicken bone broth
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast
- sea salt, to taste
- optional toppings: shredded cheese, chopped green onions, chopped tomatoes, sour cream (or plain greek yogurt), tortilla chips
1. Prepare all of your vegetables by washing, peeling, and chopping them.
2. Place all of the veggies in the bowl of a pressure cooker. Sprinkle the paprika, cumin, and garlic granules over top, then pour the bone broth over everything.
3. Set the pressure cooker to 5 minutes.
4. While the vegetables are cooking, shred the chicken breast.
5. When the pressure cooker is done, release the pressure, and remove the top. Stir in the shredded chicken.
6. Ladle into bowls, and season with sea salt. Add any optional toppings.