Ohmygosh!!! These little pancake bites are SO ridiculously yummy! They are light and fluffy, and I am in love with them! On top of all that, they are SO SO cute! Anytime I’m making something mini in the kitchen, my husband has to put up with me blurting out random “Awwww”s and “sooooo adorable!”s. These were no exception. I just wanted to cuddle them…of course scarfing them down immediately afterward. So freaking cute!
I used brown rice flour in this recipe. I love brown rice flour, because it’s gluten free, and it has quite a few health benefits! Some of which are as follows:
- Whole grain protein
- High fiber
- Lots of antioxidants
- Helps reduce the risk of heart disease, hypertension, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and cancer
- Promotes healthy gut bacteria
- Improves digestion and bowel health
- Helps to improve blood sugar levels
We see that this flour has SO many benefits, so it is great for gluten free baking!
Back to these pancake bites. These make for the perfect breakfast, or for a great mid-afternoon snack! You won’t be able to eat just one though! They’re too yummy for that!
GLUTEN FREE PANCAKE BITES
Ingredients – makes 24 pancake bites
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp. aluminum free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 tsp. cinnamon
- 2.5 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. alcohol free vanilla
- 1 heaping cup frozen blueberries (probably equivalent to about 1 and 1/8 a cup)
- maple syrup for topping (optional) – I didn’t use any, but I’m sure it would be amazing with it.
1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the brown rice flour, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon to a medium bowl. Stir to combine completely.
2.) Add the honey, almond milk, egg, olive oil, and vanilla. Stir until completely combined. At this point, stir in the blueberries.
3.) Oil a mini muffin tin with olive oil. Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of a mini muffin.
4.) Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Remove from the muffin tin and transfer to a plate. If you want, you can drizzle maple syrup over them.
Yum, Yum, and Yum! Enjoy! 🙂