Yay! Doughnut and cider season is here – it’s officially autumn, so of course I have to share a DELICIOUS and easy (And of course, gluten free) doughnut recipe with you guys! There’s no guilt with these guys, because they are pretty basic and healthy! With just 5 ingredients, and the main one being almonds, you can feel good about putting these into your body…in moderation, of course…who am I kidding? Yes, I ate the whole batch in one sitting…don’t judge me.
These doughnuts are made with almond flour, which has some pretty great healthy benefits. Five of those benefits are as follows:
- Boosts heart health
- Helps discourage cancer formation
- Aids in managing blood sugar for diabetics
- Encourages healthy waistlines
- Improves energy levels
Guys…you get these health benefits…In. A. Doughnut. Nuf said. *drops mic*.
GLUTEN FREE ALMOND CINNAMON DOUGHNUTS
For the doughnuts (makes 6-8 doughnuts)
- 1 cup almond flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour)
- 2-4 Tbsp. raw honey (depending on how sweet you want them – I used 4 Tbsp.)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
For the drizzle
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter (I used crunchy, because it was all I had on hand, but I would suspect that smooth would also work nicely for a smoother drizzle)
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 2-4 Tbsp. almond milk (depending on how thin or thick you want your drizzle to be)
1.) Preheat the oven to 315 degrees.
2.) Add all the ingredients for the doughnuts to a medium mixing bowl, and stir until completely combined and smooth.
3.) Grease a doughnut tin with butter or olive oil (I just sprayed mine with olive oil spray). Spoon the batter into the doughnut tins so that each tin is about 1/2 the way full. Place in the oven and bake at 315 degrees for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean (a few crumbs are okay, but for the most part, clean).
4.) Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then gently flip the pan upside down. The doughnuts should fall right out. Transfer to a plate.
5.) While your doughnuts are cooling, add all of the ingredients for the drizzle in a small bowl, and stir to combine completely. When the doughnuts are all cooled and transferred to a plate, use a spoon to drizzle the almond honey drizzle over the doughnuts, allowing it to run down the sides.
Dig in!!! You’re going to LOVE these!
Happy Autumn, and enjoy! 🙂