Of all the berries in all the world, I think blueberry might be my favorite! Why, you ask? Well, blueberries are a power fruit packed with antioxidants, and there are a number of different ways that blueberries are beneficial to our health!
- Great for brain health, and can reduce inflammation in brain cells
- Good for improving night vision
- Immune system booster
- Memory enhancer
- Helps prevent Type 2 diabetes
- Helps reduce blood pressure
So we have all these awesome health benefits, and on top of all that, they taste amazing! I love freezing a big batch of blueberries and just having them as a snack to munch on! This smoothie recipe has blueberries as it’s main ingredient, but there are also some other powerhouses in there such as chia seeds, ginger, and banana! At any rate, the smoothie is delicious and with it packed with nutrients like it is, it is the perfect way to start out the day!
BLUEBERRY BANANA GINGER SMOOTHIE
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 – 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 small chunk of ginger (about 1/2 inch cube)
- pinch of stevia (optional)
1.) Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth.
2.) Transfer to a glass. YUM! Enjoy! 🙂