I’m sure you’ve all heard the old saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”! I don’t know that that’s necessarily true, however, they do have some awesome health benefits, such as:
- Contain cancer preventing properties
- Helps with cholesterol levels
- Great for the immune system
- Helps fight dementia
- Helps prevent gallstones
- Good for the liver
- Good for the eyes and helps prevent cataracts
I decided to change my daily apple up a bit and make some apple chips – they turned out SO good! They are super easy to make, and the result makes for a really yummy and healthy snacking food. These are also excellent as salad toppers. Without further ado, here is the recipe!
BAKED APPLE CHIPS
- 2 Apples (I used Fuji apples, but the type is up to you)
- Coconut oil for greasing the pan
- Optional: cinnamon – I didn’t use any, but they would zest these up a bit and I bet they would be delicious!
1.) Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Generously grease a large baking pan and set aside. Slice your apples in half, then cut each half into thin slices about 1/8 an inch thick – remove any core area from the slices.
2.) Lay the slices on the prepared baking sheet in one layer. Place in the oven for 45 minutes, then take out and turn each of the slices over. Put the slices back in the oven and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes until your apples are at the desired “chip” consistency.
3.) Let the chips cool on the pan for about 10 minutes, then snack away!