My new love interests are these yummy no bake apple cinnamon raisin oatmeal bites! Holy cow, these things are YUMMY! They remind me of an oatmeal cookie, but SUPER good for you! All of the ingredients have various health benefits, but let’s focus on the fresh apple in these guys! Some great health benefits of apples are as follows:
- Can aid in balancing blood sugar levels
- Great for the immune system
- Good for teeth and gums
- Excellent source of energy
- May help to ease muscle tension
- Great for cardiovascular health
- Helps improve brain function
Look at all those health benefits, and that’s just one of the great ingredients in these yummies! It’s a really good thing that these are good for you, because believe me, you will not be able to eat just one…or two…or just maybe a whole batch. 🙂
APPLE CINNAMON RAISIN OATMEAL BITES
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. alcohol free vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 large apple, shredded and squeezed in a dish towel to get out as much moisture as possible
- 1/3 cup raisins
1.) In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats and cinnamon.
2.) In a small sauce pan, combine the almond butter, honey, vanilla, and sea salt over low heat. Stir until smoothly combined (no globs of almond butter)
3.) Add the almond butter mixture to the oat mixture, and stir to combine completely (don’t be afraid to use your hands on this to make sure it is mixed together completely).
4.) Add the apple and raisins. Stir to combine completely. Use your hands to create bite size balls. Let sit in the fridge for at least 1/2 an hour to set.