I have developed a huge crush on rutabaga fries lately. I’ve had a long standing love affair with rutabagas for a while now, but oh these fries have stolen my heart!
Rutabagas are an extremely healthy food with so many benefits! These little loves improve digestive health, prevent certain forms of cancer, lower blood pressure, aid in cellular and enzymatic function, are high in antioxidants, are high in zinc, boost your immune system, lower cholesterol, can help in weight loss, and they even serve as a great anti fungal for individuals struggling with candida. Um, that’s a lot, and it’s only a list of some of the benefits rutabaga can offer.
The most important thing is that these fries taste SO good, so you can get your fry fix while still nourishing your body! Even my husband, who is a french fry aficionado, really likes them (you don’t even know how much that is saying)!
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash and peel your rutabaga, and cut into strips that look like fries.
- Lay the rutabaga strips on the parchment paper, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and rosemary.
- Place in oven and bake for about 30-40 minutes (this will vary based on how thick your strips are, so just bake until they are fork tender).
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with sea salt. Let cool a bit before serving – these guys hold heat well, so be careful .