Alright, it’s that time of the year again when there are deliciously sinful cookies everywhere you look (just for reference, this post was written around Christmas time)! It’s around this time of the year that I always try to post a recipe for healthy cookies, so here we are! Of course, I actually make these cookies year round, because they’re amazingly yummy…plus, they actually make for a great breakfast cookie! But I especially like to make them this time of the year so I have some nice healthy cookies to munch on so that I don’t feel like I’m missing out on all the Christmas goodies!
Okay, so every ingredient in these guys is good for you. It’s basically a delicious blob of superfoods! One of which is the chia seed. If you don’t already know how great chia seeds are for you, some of their benefits are as follows:
- Provides energy and stamina
- Good for the immune system
- Helps to cleanse the colon
- Packed with fiber
- Helps to reduce joint pain and arthritis
- Can help to normalize blood sugar levels
Like I said though, chia seeds aren’t the only ingredient providing tons of health benefits! There’s also almond butter, oats, dark chocolate, raisins, raw honey…oh my goodness so yummy, but so good for you! Another great thing about these guys is that they’re versatile. I used dark chocolate chips and raisins as my add ins, but you can use whatever you want (chopped nuts, dried fruit, seeds, etc.). Also, I used honey to sweeten these, but you could also use maple syrup if you prefer. Lastly, you can use any type of nut butter you would like. I used almond butter, because it is my favorite, and it really does have a lot of excellent health benefits, but you could use cashew butter, peanut butter, whatever you would like. It’s all up to you, so don’t be afraid to get creative!
Oh, one more thing! Did I mention that these are no bake??? These take about 5-7 minutes to throw together. You do need to chill them for a while for them to set, but seriously, guys, they’re SO easy!
Ingredients – makes 8-12 cookies depending on how large you would like your cookies
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. alcohol free vanilla
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups add ins – I did 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips and 1/3 cup raisins
1. In a small sauce pan, heat your almond butter, honey, and vanilla over low heat while stirring until it is smooth (does not need to be melted, just smooth and well combined).
2. Remove from heat and add the oats, chia seeds, and add ins. Stir to combine completely.
3. Use your hands to form balls with the mixture, then press them down slightly to shape them like a cookie. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour minimum.
That’s it! You’re good to go! Told you they were ridiculously easy to make, and now you have some yummy treats to nosh on that you don’t have to feel bad about splurging on! Just look at the yumminess!
Merry Christmas to my belly! Enjoy! 🙂