To be honest, I was a bit hesitant to post this, because I was a little nervous about putting pictures of my face in all it’s naked glory when I’ve just woken up in the morning on here, but I love this mask so much that I knew I had to share!
This face mask is great when you want a little brightening boost for your skin! It has ALL NATURAL ingredients, so you don’t have to worry about any of the nasty chemicals that are in some store-bought face masks, or chemical peels/masks that you get at the spa. Plus, um, it’s SO much cheaper!
There is a good chance that you already have all the ingredients you need in your kitchen, which is another plus. There’s just four simple ingredients, and all of them have great health benefits for the skin!
Avocado: High in Vitamins C and E, carotenoids, and omega-9 fatty acids, which makes the avocado provide the following skin benefits:
- Anti-aging: reduces sun damage, smooths fine lines and wrinkles,
- Protects against environmental damage
- Improves skin tone and appearance
- Boosts collagen
Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has too many good things in it to list, but here are several of the skin benefits it can provide:
- Delivers moisture to dry skin
- Reduces undereye bags
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Antibacterial properties that aid in reducing and preventing acne
- Cleanses skin and pores
- Great for eczema and other skin conditions
- Natural SPF of about 4
Nutmeg: Nutmeg has long been used as a medicinal herb when it comes to the skin. Some of the benefits it provides are as follows:
- Helps to reduce/eliminate the appearance of scars from blemishes
- Reduces inflammation and irritation of the skin
- promotes hydration of the skin
- smooths appearance of the skin
- brightens and evens skin tone
Turmeric: Contains curcumin, curcuma, powerful antioxidant and antibacterial properties giving it the following skin benefits:
- Lightens and brightens skin tone
- Treats acne
- Soothes skin inflammation
- Reduces redness
- Helps prevent and reduce scarring from acne
Okay, so here’s the part I was hesitant about – my before, during, and after photos of this mask:
These are completely makeup free and un-retouched, not to mention they are from when I’ve just woken up in the morning, so you can see all my imperfections…but hey, we’re all perfectly imperfect, right? 🙂 Anyway, let’s get up close and personal, so you can really see that the mask does make a difference in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as brighten the complexion.
You can see a slight reduction in my lines and wrinkles on my forehead and around my eyes and mouth, and the brightening effect is obvious. Of course, it’s not a miracle worker where it just takes everything away completely in one application, but it is perfect for a lil pick me up and some pampering.
ANTI-AGING AND SKIN BRIGHTENING FACE MASK
- 1/4 organic ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. organic, unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. organic nutmeg
- pinch of organic turmeric (don’t overdo this ingredient, otherwise, you may end up with a yellow face for a day…I learned this the hard way 🙂 )
In a small bowl, use a fork to mash the avocado. Mash in the coconut oil, and mix in the nutmeg and turmeric. Apply to face, and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water, and pat dry.
Give it a try! You’ve got nothing to lose, but the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots! Enjoy! 🙂
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, and any recipe for food, beauty products, cleaning products, or the like is not a means of diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure for any disease or condition. Always check with a medical professional before making any major lifestyle changes.