I am 100% in love with this soup! It’s so creamy and satisfying, but it also has a light feeling to it that makes it absolutely perfect for mealtime! It is absolutely delicious, and it is beyond good for you! The creamy texture comes from the coconut milk, which you may be surprised to find out has TONS of health benefits, such as:
- Improving heart health
- Helps build muscle
- Provides electrolytes and energy
- Can help to manage blood sugar levels
- Can help to ease joint inflammation and arthritis
And of course, the health benefits of all the veggies in this soup go without saying! Combining all this together makes for a super yummy and beyond healthy dish!
CREAMY BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER COCONUT AND GARLIC SOUP
Ingredients (2-3 servings)
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 large stalks of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water, or use more coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper, for seasoning
- Optional toppings: olive oil, soy sauce or coconut aminos, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, fresh herbs
1.) Heat the coconut oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the broccoli and cauliflower, and stir to mix.
2.) Pour the coconut milk (and water) over the vegetables, and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the broccoli and cauliflower is very tender.
3.) Transfer the soup to a food processor, and process on high until there are no lumps and it is nice and creamy.
4.) Transfer to bowls, season with sea salt and pepper, and top with any of the optional toppings (I used coconut aminos, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds – YUM)!